This article is on the enemy type, if you are looking for the Russian Mafia faction, See Russian Mafia.
In Hotline Miami, they appear in every chapter except Trauma, Assault, Prank Call and Resolution. Mobsters can be taken down any way the player desires as they have no unique attributes. If a mobster is stripped of his weapon, he will attempt to find another one which he can use. If this fails, the mobster will try to stay a set distance from the player and will not attack.
Mobsters return in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and function the same, but aren't as common as they were in the first game. However, they still remain to be some of the most common enemies in the game. There is also a demonic sub-faction of Mobsters encountered in Apocalypse.
- Double Barrel
- Baseball Bat
- Lead Pipe
- Golf Club
- Silenced Pistol (Hotline Miami only)
- Kalashnikov (Wrong Number only)
- Butterfly Knife (Wrong Number only)
- Silenced Heavy Pistol (Wrong Number only)
- Uzi (only on Apocalypse)
Judging from artwork and in-game sprites, mobsters wear white pastel suits and blue shirts underneath. On the game's box art they are seen with hair and glasses but in-game they are all bald and lack any kind of accessories.
- Rasmus the owl can be seen wearing Mobster apparel, shedding more light on why he's so hostile to Jacket.
- In the four-player co-op game, Payday 2, the Russian mobsters make an appearance as enemies in a two-day heist based off of Hotline Miami. They closely resemble the mobsters featured in Hotline Miami's cover art.
|Enemies in Hotline Miami|
|Normal Enemies||Russian Mobster · Policeman · Phone Hom Worker · Teenager · Gang Member · Soviet Soldier · Colombian Mobster · Security Guard · Prisoner · Hallucinatory Demon|
|Special Enemies||Dog · Thug · Waiter · SWAT · Doctor · Inspector · Dodger|
|Bosses||Producer · Biker · Van Driver · Police Chief · Panther · The Bodyguard · The Father · Jacket · SWAT Chief · Gang Leader · Prison Boss · Mark · Corey · Tony · Alex · Ash|